Full time for summer 2017, at least 20 hours per week (May to August, start and end dates negotiable)
Paid: $10 per hour
True Digital Communications is pleased to offer a summer internship for a junior or senior from an accredited college or university who is pursuing a career in public relations. Candidate must have strong writing and communications skills.
- A passion for public relations, social media and content writing
- Willingness to tackle multiple projects and learn new tools
- Good working knowledge of a variety of social media channels and platforms
- Ability to develop content and messaging for clients in business-to-business and business-to-consumer channels
- Interest in learning more about digital marketing measurement and metrics
Through this internship, the ideal candidate will:
- Work with the PR and content team to develop strategy and implement across a variety of digital marketing platforms, including but not limited to: websites, blogs, newsletters and social media channels.
- Learn how to provide both proactive and reactive content assistance.
- Perform a variety of writing projects (news releases, blog, website copy, social media posts) in addition to media list development, news release distribution and media follow up as needed.
True has an open office structure where collaboration and discussion are encouraged. Candidate will gain extensive knowledge of digital strategy and implementation while working with a variety of True team members and supervisors. They must be efficient with time and capable of balancing multiple projects while managing against internal and external deadlines. Candidate will also gain experience and knowledge about digital analytics and tactics related to True’s clients.
Candidates will need to forward a resume and personalized cover note to Stephanie Duffy. A short list of finalists will be selected for an in-person interview. Writing and examples of relevant experience (class work or work from other internships) will be reviewed during the interview.